Tuesday, May 29, 2012

End of the School Year

Yay!  We are almost there.  This is the last week of school for us.  My oldest has made a huge adjustment being home schooled (not really by choice), and has done well.  My little one has made a little progress in his writing skills and has accelerated at reading and mathematics!  I am so proud of both of them.  We have all been through so much the past two years.  My nephew lived with us and then back with his mom.  We miss him. My mom found out she had breast cancer for the second time and had a double mastectomy.  We sold our home and had to find a new one quickly.  So quickly that we didn't see the warning signs of issues to come with this neighborhood (or the one behind us). My dad's alzheimers disease worsened and he had to be moved to a nursing home.  Then, he died last month.  I never really knew him.  I met him when I was 28 and he already had dementia by then.  I did visit and tried to help him and get to know him through the years.  I just hope I see him again someday in a healthy body with a healthy mind and he truly sees me then.  My friend from college lost her 15 year old daughter to Diabetes.  Same age as my son.  Makes you realize how short and precious life is.  Another friend from college, Robert, had a heart attack and died a few months ago.  Made me realize that I need to take the time to see people and visit while they are here and I am here.  Life again, is too short.   This picture is of my dad and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment